Spray Tanning FAQ
- Exfoliate - Your entire body 24-48 hours prior to your session. Use a dry brush or dry loofah. Do not use any sugary scrubs, oily exfoliators, or soaps that contain moisturizers to exfoliate with.
- Shower - Come with clean and dry skin. No lotions, deodorants, make-up or perfumes.
- Tan - In a swimsuit or undergarments that you want to tan in (Or completely free of clothing!). Disposable undergarments available for your purchase for your convenience. Men are required to wear undergarments.
- Wear - Dark, loose-fitting clothing and flip-flop sandals. No sweats, jeans, any type of shorts, spandex or clothes with elastic waists or bust lines.
- Pampering - Hair removal, manicures/pedicures should be done 24 hours before your session.
It is best to wear dark, loose fitting clothing and flip flops. There is cosmetic bronzer in the solution and there is a chance that it can rub off on clothing. It washes out of most materials, but it is better to be on the safe side and not wear anything light in color. Feel free to wear as much or as little as you like for the spraying session, just be aware that any clothing you wear will leave a tan line.
It is best to wear dark, loose fitting clothing and flip flops. (There is cosmetic bronzer in the solution and there is a chance that it can rub off on clothing. It washes out of most materials, but it is better to be on the safe side and not wear anything light in color.) Feel free to wear as much or as little as you like for the spraying session, just be aware that any clothing you wear will leave a tan line.
This depends on several factors including your skin type, skin cycle, lifestyle, and care. It should last for about 5-10 days with proper care. The best thing that you can do to increase the longevity of your tan is to apply a Tan Extending Moisturizer once a day. Keep in mind that long showers/baths, hot tubs, heavy sweating, and swimming in salt water and/or chlorine all tend to dry out your skin. Exfoliating lightly can help the tan fade more naturally.
The only difference is shower time. Both solutions will last the same amount of time and achieve the same color depending on your own skin care regimen. It is important to note that after you shower off the Express tan, the dark makeup layer will be gone after your first shower and your tan will then continue to develop for 8-20 hours after your shower. With the Standard solution, the tan will darken until you shower (anytime after 10 hours). The color that you see when you shower off the Standard tan will be the actual color of your tan.
It is best to avoid getting a tan while a sunburn is healing. Peeling skin will cause uneven fading and patchiness. It is best not to get DHA if u have eczema. However, if there are only a few small patches let your technician know as they can put barrier cream on the affected areas. Be aware that DHA reacts with dead skin cells, and because the results of eczema are dead skin cells, which in turn, leads to excess darkening in those areas affected. It is best to wait until there is little to no symptoms of eczema on the skin before spraying.
Yes! The solution has an odor neutralizer so there is no tan "smell". The technician has an extraction fan to minimize overspray into a filter, leaving your living room with no evidence.